Perfect to serve at a large get together. Plan ahead the cream cheese mixture needs to be shaped and chilled for a minumum of 5 hours or up to 24 hours before rolling in the nuts up to 1 hour before serving. Adjust the olive and pimento amounts to taste, if desired add in 1-2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic. You can use any kind of favorite nuts for this in place of almonds, but almonds are the best to use. If you like some heat then add in some cayenne pepper!
- add 1 (2 ounce) can black olives (pitted and chopped)
- add 2 cups finely chopped almonds (can use more or less)
- add 4 ounces blue cheese
- add 8 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- add 8-10 green onions
- add 1 (4 ounce) jar pimento pepper
- add 1 lb butter, softened (no subs!)
- In a medium bowl, combine the olives, pimentos and green onions; mix to combine.
- In another bowl combine the butter, softened cream cheese and blue cheese; stir in the olive mixture.
- Shape into a ball/s or a log/s.
- Cover and chill the ball or log for at least 5 hours to blend the flavors.
- Up to 1 hour before serving roll in the chopped nuts, refrigerate or serve immediately.