This is Alton Brown's recipe.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- add 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- add wavy potato chips
- add 1 1/2 cups diced onions
- add 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- add 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- add 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- add 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Cook the onions until they are caramelized, about 20 min.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and then stir in the cooled onions.
- Refrigerate and stir again before serving.
- Serve with potato chips for dipping.