My Mom used to make these for us during tomato season in the summertime (way back in the 70's). Even though the combination of ingredients sounds weird, the flavors really blend well into an awesome taste sensation that I am totally addicted to, even after all these years. I LOVE this stuff! (Unbelievably quick and easy, too.) :)
- add 2 slices tomatoes
- add 2 slices Velveeta cheese
- add 2 slices braunschweiger liver sausage, sliced from the tube in 1/2-inch slices (I prefer Oscar Mayer)
- add 2 slices bread (I like white, but my mother preferred sourdough)
- add 2 tablespoons Hellmann's mayonnaise
- Toast bread slices, and put them on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spread 1 Tbsp mayonnaise on each toasted piece of bread.
- Place 1 Braunschweiger slice over the mayonnaise.
- Place 1 slice of tomato on top of Braunschweiger slices.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on top of tomato.
- Put baking sheet under a pre-heated broiler and broil until cheese gets bubbly (3-5 minutes).