This is from my grandmother's recipe box given to me over 20 years ago. Most of the recipes are VERY OLD and the directions show it, but she was an excellent cook, so they are worth figuring out!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add grated rind from 1 oranges
- add 1 cup flour
- add 1 1/3 cups orange juice
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 3 eggs
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Beat egg whites until stiff, then add yolks one at a time, beating between each addition.
- Add sugar, rind and juice.
- Combine flour, powder and salt and fold into juice mixture.
- Bake in a shallow pan long and slowly (at 300-325 degrees and start checking for doneness at 35 minutes)