A great way to use those extra tomatoes. Can also be done with ripe tomatoes.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 lb green tomatoes
- add 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- add 1/2 cup cornmeal
- add 1 egg
- add 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- add 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut tomatoes into 1/4" slices.
- In small bowl combine egg and milk.
- In another small bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, poppy seeds, salt, and pepper Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil spray.
- Dip tomato slices in egg mixture, letting excess drip off.
- Coat both sides of tomatoes with cornmeal mixture.
- Place in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Turn and bake for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.