Servs: 16 Prep: Cook:
This is an easy and delicious recipe for a turkey that is perfectly browned on the outside while being both tender and juicy on the inside!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (12 pound) whole Turkey
- add 3/4 cup olive oil
- add few sticks of celery
- add 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- add 2 teaspoons dried basil
- add 1 teaspoon ground sage
- add salt to taste
- add 1/2 tea spoon crushed rosemary
- add lemon pepper to taste
- add 2 cups beer
- add 1 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Clean turkey (discard giblets and organs)
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic powder, crushed dried rosemary, dried basil, ground sage, lemon pepper & salt to taste or non.place the celery inside the Turkey's stomach
- Using a basting brush, apply the mixture to the skin inside & outside of the uncooked turkey.
- bake for 2hrs and baste during .
- Pour beer and orange juice over the Turkey & into the bottom of the roasting pan, and Bake @ 300 degree for 3 to 3 1/2 hours more & continue to baste, or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the thigh measures 180 degrees F
- Remove roasted turkey from oven, and allow to stand for about 30 minutes before carving.
- PS..for more tender & juicer turkey lower the heat & cook longer time