Nice hearty meal on a cold day!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add hot mashed potatoes
- add 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- add 2 lbs swiss steak or round steaks
- add 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- add 2 large carrots
- add 8 ounces water
- add 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- add 1/2 cup flour
- add 1 medium onion
- add 1 dash worcestershire sauce
- add 2 stalks celery
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Cut steak into 4 or 5 servings; dredge in flour mixture.
- Brown on both sides in hot oil; remove to large baking dish.
- Place vegetables over steak; pour tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and Worcestershire over all.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2- 2 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Serve with sauce spooned over the mashed potatoes.