This is a lovely dish to serve as an appetizer on Christmas or New Years Eve. Very elegant. one of my all time favorites
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- add 2 cups whipping cream
- add 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- add 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- add 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- add 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- add 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped spinach leaves
- add 36 oysters, shucked (the fresher the better)
- add salt & pepper
- add 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- add 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- add 3/4 cup hollandaise sauce (Recipe#91452)
- add 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- add 1/2 tablespoon garlic paste
- add 4 cups rock salt
- add 8 slices bacon
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Shuck oysters, remove meat and set bottom portion of each shell in an oven proof pan of rock salt to steady them and protect them from high heat.
- Discard top of shell.
- Set oysters aside.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat Add shallots cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Garlic, spinach, bacon and parsley.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Saute until hot.
- Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine, lemon juice, Worcestershire Sauce, and cream.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmeruntil thickened about 5 minutes.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Broil 2 minutes .
- Coat lightly with Hollandaise (Recipe#91452.).
- Broil 3 more minutesor until golden.
- Serve immediately.