Pan-Fried Trout with Tomato Basil Sauté
Filed Under: best seafood recipes
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 ounces chopped pancetta
- add 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- add 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- add 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- add 1/4 cup small basil leaves
- add 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- add 4 (6-ounce) trout fillets, divided
- add 4 lemon wedges
- 1. Heat pancetta in a medium skillet over low heat. Cook 4 minutes or just until pancetta begins to brown. Add cherry tomatoes, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; cook for 3 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften. Remove from heat, and stir in basil leaves.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle fish evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper and remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt. Add 2 fillets to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove fish from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and remaining 2 fillets. Top fish with tomato mixture. Serve fish with lemon wedges.
- Sustainable Choice: When shopping, look for U.S.-farmed rainbow trout. Avoid wild-caught lake trout.