If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 4 red snapper fillets with skin (1 1/2 lb total)
- add 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- add 1/2 to 1 tablespoon finely chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo plus 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from can)
- add 3 tablespoons vegetable oilAccompaniment: lime wedges
- Mash together butter, chipotles to taste, adobo sauce, and salt with a
- fork until blended.
- Pat fish dry and cut each fillet in
- half crosswise, then season with salt and pepper. Spread flour on a plate and dredge fish, knocking off excess.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then panfry fish, skin sides up first, in batches, turning over once, until browned and just cooked through,
- 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer as cooked with a slotted spatula to plates and add more oil to skillet as needed. Top fish with dollops of chipotle butter.