Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
I got this from a friend, Jamie, who had this dish at someones house. She explained it, and I made it! Added some fresh touches, and boy is it good!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 bunches fresh asparagus (I like the baby asparagus)
- add 8 slices thinly sliced prosciutto
- add 3 eggs, beaten
- add 2 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- add 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- add 1 lemon, zested
- add Butter and oil for frying
- Chop woody ends off asparagus and discard.
- Take 4-5 asparagus spears and wrap with a piece of the prosciutto to make a bundle.
- Secure with toothpick.
- Mix parmesan, parsley, and lemon zest with the panko.
- Beat eggs in pie plate.
- Dip "bundles" in egg, then roll in crumbs.
- Fry in oil and butter for approx. 3-4 minutes or unil golden brown.
- Let drain on paper towel.