This salsa is great as a marinade since papaya is a wonderful tenderizer. We use the salsa to marinate fajitas, but is also great with lobster, crab and shrimp
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 1 ripe papaya
- add 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- add 1 red bell pepper
- add 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- add 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- add 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- add 1/2 habanero pepper
- add 1 yellow tomatoes
- add salt
- Dice half of the papaya and set it aside.
- Cut up the other half, place in a blender and add the habanero chile, sugar, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Puree and add the reserved diced papaya, tomato, bell pepper, cilantro and mint.
- Mix well and season to taste with salt.
- Let stand for 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend before serving.