Use only dry breadcrumbs for this as fresh will not stick to the zucchini. You'll be lucky if these even make it to the table LOL!...they are delicious!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 eggs
- add 3 medium zucchini
- add black pepper (optional)
- add 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- add 1 teaspoon garlic powder (can use garlic salt, but cut down the regular salt)
- add 1/4 cup flour
- add cooking oil (for frying)
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- add 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Heat oil in frypan.
- In a plastic bag combine dry bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper (if using).
- Dip the zucchini sticks in egg, then shake with flour/breadcrumb mixture in the plastic bag.
- Fry zucchini in hot oil until golden brown and crispy, turning occasionally.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.