This is a very old recipe enjoyed by family and friends. A must at our family gatherings especially Christmas.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup flour
- add 1/2 cup walnuts
- add 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- add 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 1/4 cup flour
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1 cup brown sugar
- add 1/2 cup cherries
- add 1 cup coconut
- add 1/8 teaspoon salt
- BASE- whisk flour and icing sugar in bowl, cut in butter or margarine and press into a greased 9x9 pan.
- Bake base in a 300 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- TOPPING- Beat eggs, blend in sugar and beat together.
- Add the vanilla and the dry ingredients.
- Add the coconut, cherries and the walnuts.
- Spread filling on the prepared base and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until top nicely golden brown.
- Cool until set before cutting.