If you have the nerve, use the full 3 tablespoons of bottled hot pepper sauce. From BH&G
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 12 chicken wings (about 2 pounds)
- add 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- add celery
- add 1/2 cup sour cream
- add 1 teaspoon paprika
- add 1 clove garlic
- add crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- add 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- add 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or white vinegar
- add pepper (optional)
- add 2-3 tablespoons bottled hot pepper sauce
- add 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- add salt (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut off and discard tips of chicken wings.
- Cut wings at joints to form 24 pieces.
- Place chicken pieces in a shallow nonmetal pan.
- For sauce, in a small mixing bowl stir together melted margarine or butter, hot pepper sauce, and paprika.
- Pour mixture over chicken wings, stirring to coat.
- Cover chicken and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Drain chicken, reserving sauce.
- Place chicken pieces on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Brush with some of the reserved sauce.
- Broil chicken 4 to 5 inches from the heat about 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Turn the chicken pieces; brush again with the reserved sauce.
- Broil for 10 to 15 minutes more or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a blender container or food processor bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise or salad dressing, the 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, garlic, and vinegar.
- Cover and blend or process until smooth.
- If desired, top dip with additional crumbled blue cheese before serving.
- Serve with wings and celery sticks and dip.
- Makes 12 appetizer servings.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Store dip, covered, in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.