"Garnish with a sprinkle of sugar and some strawberries! The center will be a little fudgy tasting! There are never any leftovers to worry about."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3/4 cup white sugar
- add 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- add 1 cup ground almonds
- add 5 eggs, separated
- add 1/2 cup pareve margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan with foil. Grease foil.
- Melt margarine and chocolate over low heat. Stir until smooth and let cool.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, beat whites until stiff; about 2 minutes. In a separate bowl, beat together yolks and sugar until thick and pale; about 1 minute. Blend in chocolate mixture and stir in almonds. Fold in beaten whites, 1/3 at a time, into chocolate until no streaks of white remain. Scrape into prepared pan.
- Place an 8 inch baking pan with 1 inch of water in it on the bottom rack of the oven (to make the torte more moist).
- Bake torte on center rack at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes, or until sides begin to pull away from pan and top is set in center. Cover the torte loosely with foil for the last 20 minutes of baking. Note: Don't worry if the cake cracks because the top will be on the bottom later.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes and then carefully remove sides of pan. Invert onto a serving plate and cool completely.