I make homemade pasta all the time. A nice addition to this would be to add tomato powder or paste for a red pasta.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 eggs
- add 1/3 cup water
- add 1 teaspoon olive oil
- add 2 1/4-2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 egg yolk
- In a large glass or plastic bowl combine 1 cup flour and remaining ingredients.
- With a mixer on low speed beat 2 minutes, scraping the bowl.
- You can do this part by hand.
- With a wooden spoon stir in enough additional flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- cover dough and let rest 30 minutes.
- Follow pasta machine instructions at this point, or lightly flour your counter and rolling pin, cut dough down to manageable size and roll, turn, roll, turn until desired thickness.
- Cut to desired shape.