Personal favorite. Great mix of all-purpose flour and semolina or durum wheat. You can find semolina in the grocery baking section with specialty flours. Can be made ahead or frozen. Cook time is resting time.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup semolina
- add 2 extra large eggs
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 7/8 cup all-purpose flour
- add 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Combine sifted flour and semolina in a bowl with the salt; make a well in the center of mixture and add eggs and olive oil.
- With two fingers, mix in a circular pattern until all the flour is incorporated; avoid overmixing for a tender dough.
- Scrape dough from bowl onto a floured surface; knead gently until dough is smooth; form into a disk, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- May be frozen at this point up to one month; thaw in refrigerator.