"This is a simple, non-time-consuming recipe, but is delicious nonetheless."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup half-and-half cream
- add 2 stalks celery, chopped
- add 1/4 cup olive oil
- add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- add 1 onion, chopped
- add 3/4 cup vodka
- add 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 1 pound penne pasta
- add 3 cloves garlic, minced
- add 1 tablespoon dried basil
- add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- add 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- add 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, celery, and garlic in oil; stir until soft. Add prosciutto and vodka. Simmer until almost all liquid is gone.
- Add tomatoes, cayenne, and herbs. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in half and half, and heat for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water until done. Drain. Serve sauce over noodles.