If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- add 3 tablespoons capers
- add 4-6 cloves garlic
- add 1 lb spaghetti, cooked to al dente (with a bite)
- add a few grinds black pepper
- add 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- add 1 (32 ounce) can chunky style crushed tomatoes
- add 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- add 1 can flat anchovy fillets
- add 20 oil-cured black olives
- add crusty bread
- add grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese or romano cheese
- add 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil, garlic, anchovies, and crushed pepper.
- Saute mixture until anchovies melt into oil and completely dissolve and garlic is tender, about 3 minutes: your kitchen never smelled so good!
- Add olives, capers, tomatoes, black pepper, and parsley.
- Bring sauce to a bubble, reduce heat, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
- Toss sauce with cooked pasta.
- Pass bread and cheese at the table and serve with a simple salad of mixed bitter greens dressed with oil and vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Cook's Note: Get your olives from the bulk bins in the market, rather than buying a jar.
- The unit price is always much less per pound and you can get just what you need for each recipe.