Pasta is great with Alfredo Sauce, right? Pasta is great with Pesto Sauce, right? Doesn't this recipe make sense? ;-)
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1 1/4 cups grated parmesan cheese
- add 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- add 1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- add 1/3 cup olive oil
- add 1 cup whipping cream
- add 1 lb capellini or spaghettini
- add minced basil
- Finely chop basil, pine nuts and garlic in processor.
- Gradually add olive oil through feed tube and process until smooth; mix in ½ cup Parmesan.
- Transfer to a small jar (can be made up to 4 days ahead make on the weekend to enjoy a quick, mid-week meal. Pour enough olive oil on surface of pesto to inhibit exposure to air).
- Bring cream to boil in medium saucepan; whisk in pesto.
- Season to taste.
- Combine pasta, sauce and remaining 3/4 cup Parmesan in large bowl.
- Toss to coat evenly and serve sprinkled with some minced basil.
- Note:If you want this 'saucier' you can add a little milk to wet the pasta.