Wonderful pasta dish in a great creamy garlic sauce. I also have used crab meat instead of the chicken.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- add 2-3 minced garlic cloves
- add 1/3 cup frozen peas
- add 2 cups shell pasta
- add 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- add 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add 3 tablespoons flour
- add 3/4 sliced mushroom
- add 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- add 2 tablespoons canola oil
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- Boil pasta inlightly salted water.
- Fry chicken in canola until lightly browned, set aside.
- In large pot saute garlic in butter or margarine, do not brown.
- Add flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg to garlic and butter or margarin and mix to form a rue.
- Slowly add milk, whisking to prevent lumps.
- Add parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat stirring often until sauce thickens.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, and peas to the sauce.
- Drain cooked pasta and mix into sauce.
- Serve immediately.