Did you know that pasta is low in fat and high in complex carbohydrates which gives you energy? A half cup serving of cooked pasta contains a mere 99 calories, less than half a gram of fat and less than 5 mgs. of sodium. It is advised that when making pasta dishes, one must choose a pasta shape and sauce that complement each other.
- add 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- add 6 tablespoons fresh parsley
- add 150 ml stock (Use chicken or vegetable stock depending on whether you are making this for a vegetarian or a non-ve)
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 200 ml cream
- add 1 tablespoon olives
- add 1 clove garlic
- add 400 g mushrooms
- Heat butter in a skillet.
- Simmer mushrooms in it.
- Add garlic.
- Pour in stock.
- Stir in cream.
- Boil the sauce, uncovered, until it thickens.
- Add salt, pepper and parsley.
- Transfer the prepared pasta into a serving dish.
- Pour the above prepared sauce over the pasta.
- Top with olives.
- Serve immediately.