A great recipe for the 4th Of July.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (3 ounce) package jell-o brand berry blue gelatin mix
- add 1 (3 ounce) package jell-o brand strawberry gelatin
- add 2 cups powdered sugar
- add 2 cups boiling water
- add 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping
- add 2 (9 inch) baked round white cake layers
- add 2 (8 ounce) packages softened Philadelphia Cream cheese
- PLACE cake layers, top-sides up, in two clean 9-inch round cake pans. Pierce cakes with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- STIR 1 cup of the boiling water into each flavor dry gelatin mix in separate small bowls 2 minute until completely dissolved.
- Carefully pour red gelatin over 1 cake layer and blue gelatin over remaining cake layer. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Beat 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) softened PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese and 2 cups powdered sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed or wire whisk until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping until well blended.
- DIP one cake pan in warm water 10 sec.; Unmold 1 of the layers onto serving plate. Spread with about 1 cup of the frosting mixture onto cake layer on plate. Unmold second cake layer; carefully place on first cake layer. Frost top and side of cake. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Cut into 16 slices to serve. Store leftover cake in refrigerator.