This is a great summertime dessert. No cooking! This came from Paula Deen's magazine. It is very quick and easy to make and makes a splendid looking dessert. Sure to be a winner at your next cookout.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- add 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- add 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- add 13 ounces angel food cake
- add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- add 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.Stir in 1/2 of whipped topping and almond extract; set aside.
- Tear angel food cake into 1 inch pieces.Place 1/3 of cake pieces in bottom of a trifle bowl.Spoon 1/3 of cream cheese filling over cake, and top with 1/3 of pie filling.Repeat layers twice more.Spread remaining whipped topping over top of trifle, sealing to edges.Garnish with additional pie filling and sliced almonds if desired.