Very simple pea soup. Actually is pretty good. Add onion if you want.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cups dried peas
- add 5 slices salt pork, coarse chop (1/2 pound)
- add 1 medium onion, diced (optional)
- Soak peas for 2 to 3 hours.
- Using soaking water, cook the peas until mealy.
- Add pork, cover and bring to boil.
- Add onion here, if you wish.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook until peas are done through, around 4 hours.