Old Amish recipe that makes a nice coffee cake.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 cups flour
- add 1 cup milk
- add 1/4 cup shortening
- add 2 tablespoons sugar
- add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- add 1 egg
- add 3 teaspoons baking powder
- add 4 large fresh peaches
- Sift together flour baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the shortening.
- Mix egg and milk together, then stir into flour mixture.
- Mix well, and pour batter into a greased oblong pan.
- Cover with peach slices.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.