A wonderful version of the old classic, this peach cobbler has a glazed finish to the top.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 6-7 cups fresh peaches, sliced (or equivalent canned peaches)
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 cup sugar (omit if using sweetened canned peaches)
- add 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- add 2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 6 tablespoons tapioca
- add 1 1/2 cups sugar
- add 2 cups flour
- add 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- add nutmeg
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- add 1/2 cup boiling water
- add 1 1/2 cups milk
- add cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine tapioca, peaches, sugar (if used), cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the fruit mixture into a buttered 9" X 13" baking dish.
- In a bowl mix thoroughly the ingredients for the Cobbler Dough.
- Spread over the fruit mixture.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together DRY cobbler topping ingredients.
- Sprinkle evenly over the cobbler dough layer.
- Then pour the boiling water evenly over the cobbler.
- (Do Not Stir.) Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean and top has a golden crust.