Servs: 6 Makes: 8 Prep: Cook:
Peach Cobbler: It may seem a bit un-American, but I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin pie. I don't dislike it, per se, but if there are any other dessert options, I'll choose them over the pumpkin pie. So I decided to add another dessert option to the Thanksgiving feast, but I wanted to keep it as simple as possible. A friend shared her very Southern mother's recipe for peach cobbler.
- add Peach Cobbler Recipe
- add Ingredients:
- add 1 cup flour
- add ½ cup sugar
- add 1 stick butter
- add ½ teaspoon salt
- add 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- add 1 large can peaches (1 quart)
- 1) Melt butter in 2 qt. baking dish while preheating oven to 350 degrees.
- 2) Mix t/g dry ingredients in a bowl.
- 3) Drain peaches, keeping the juice. Cut peaches into chunks.
- 4) Mix peach juice with dry ingredients and pour into the baking dish with melted butter.
- 5) Spoon peaches over the top.
- 6) Bake 30-45 minutes, or until brown on top.
- 7) Cool before eating.
- Note: This recipe does not double well. You’ll need to cook it longer, and it may never brown.