When I was in high school, I took Home Economics... as did a lot of young women.. and men. Actually I took the class because I wanted to learn to sew. I'd been cooking since I had to drag a chair to the stove to see in the pots. Surprisingly, this easy cookie recipe was the first one we got in class. Its been a favorite in my family since then.
- add 1 cup granulated sugar
- add 1 cup light corn syrup
- add 2 cups peanut butter
- add 6 to 8 cups dry breakfast cereal
- add *suggestion: Whole Grain Total
- In a very large pan, heat sugar and syrup till sugar is completely dissolved, and its quite hot. Simmering around the edges.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter till well melted and blended with sugars.
- Fold in dry cereal and stir till well coated.
- Drop by spoonfuls on waxed paper.