A rich yet simple to make peanut butter Fudge. The Brown sugar gives it a nice caramel like flavor
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- add 2 cups granulated sugar
- add 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- add 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- add 1 cup milk
- Butter the bottom and sides of a heavy 4-quart saucepan.
- In pan, combine the sugars, milk, corn syrup and salt.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sugars dissolve and mixture begins to boil.
- Reduce heat; attach candy thermometer to pan.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until thermometer reads 236 degrees F.
- Remove from heat; add peanut butter but do not stir it in; set pan aside.
- Do not stir or move pan during cooling.
- When thermometer reaches 115 degrees F, add vanilla extract.
- Beat by hand until mixture loses its gloss; pour into buttered pan.
- When penuche is only slightly warm, cut into small squares.