A very pretty dessert that is fairly quick and easy to make..
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add fresh raspberries
- add 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- add 1 1/2 cups flour
- add 1 (15 ounce) can sliced canned pears
- add 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- add 1 cup sliced almonds or whole almonds
- add powdered sugar
- add 4-5 tablespoons cold water
- add 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- add 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- add 1 egg
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- add 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- add 1 tablespoon flour
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Crust: In a large bowl or food processor, combine flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add water until dough forms a ball.
- Knead 2-3 times until smooth.
- Press dough into bottom and up sides of an ungreased 10" tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Spread jam evenly over bottom of dough.
- Filling: Place almonds in food processor; process until almonds are finely chopped.
- Add butter, sugar, and flour; process until blended.
- Add egg and almond extract; mix well.
- Drain pears, RESERVING 1/4 CUP LIQUID.
- Add 1/4 cup liquid to almond filling mixture; blend until smooth.
- Spread in crust.
- Arrange pear slices over filling.
- Bake3 35-45 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and top is a deep golden brown.
- Cool 90 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and powdered sugar.