Makes a pretty presentation and works well as a side dish to any holiday meal.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 lb white pearl onions, blanched and skinned or frozen white pearl onions
- add 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can of frenchs French-fried onions
- add 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- add 1 head cauliflower
- add 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard or Dijon mustard
- add 1/2-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or gruyere cheese or edam cheese
- Clean and trim base of cauliflower so that stays stable on a serving dish, leaving the head whole.
- In a large pot, steam the head of cauliflower until it is crisp tender and slightly pliable 7-10 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower and let cool enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stuff the pearl onions between the cauliflower floweret's.
- Place the stuffed cauliflower head on an oven proof platter, or in baking dish that you will also use to serve the cauliflower.
- Mix mayonnaise,mustard and shredded cheese together, then spread over entire head of cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with the canned fried onions.
- Bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the cauliflower is heated through.