This recipe comes from a holiday catalog from Taste of Home. Reminds me of "Turtles," my dad's favorite treat!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- add 1 1/2 lbs whole pecans
- add 1/8 teaspoon salt
- add 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- add 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 2 tablespoons shortening
- add 1 cup light corn syrup
- add 1 cup butter or margarine
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, butter, syrup and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until all sugar is dissolved.
- Gradually add milk to mixture and mix well.
- Continue to cook until candy thermometer reaches 248*, or firm ball stage.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Fold in pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased sheet, or sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Chill drops till firm.
- Loosen from paper.
- Melt the chocolate and shortening together in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- Drizzle the chocolate mixture over each pecan cluster.
- Allow to cool completely.