I've been making these cookies forever. Somewhere along the way I've discovered toasting the pecans brings out their flavor. Great Holiday cookie!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup butter
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 1/2 cup toasted then finely chopped pecans
- add 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- add 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 2 cups flour
- In a large bowl beat butter 30 seconds.
- Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and cinnamon; beat until combined.
- Beat in 2 teaspoons water and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and pecans with a wooden spoon.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake in 325 degree oven 20 minutes or until lightly browned on bottoms.
- Transfer to wire rack.
- Place 1 cup of powdered sugar in plastic bag.
- Add cookies few at a time; shake gently to coat.
- I make these 1 month ahead of time and freeze them before their final coat of powdered sugar.
- I thaw them out before sugaring.