Here?s a recipe for all my single friends out there. Just because you?re cooking for one doesn?t mean you can?t indulge every now and again. You'll love this creamy sauce and it's fresh Italian appeal.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 green onion
- add 2 basil leaves (cut into tiny ribbons)
- add 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- add 2 ounces penne pasta (I like Dreamfields)
- add 1/16 cup diced roma tomatoes ((to taste)
- add 1/3 cup heavy cream
- add 2 slices bacon (fully cooked and crumbled)
- add 1 garlic clove
- add 1 tablespoon butter
- add 1/8 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (or a little more, about a small handful)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a very small sauce pan melt butter over low heat.
- Add in garlic and onion, sauté till soft.
- Pour in cream, bring to slow boil stirring continuously for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add Parmesan, stir till melted inches.
- Add Nutmeg and bacon. Stir.
- Add Pasta to sauce toss till covered.
- Right before serving toss in basil and garnish with the diced roma tomatoes.
- WhaLaa, Delish!Add the remaining diced tomato to a nice green salad and enjoy.