Oh, YUM! I got this from Campbell's Fall Family Favorites magazine...I just HAD to try it -- what with 4 kids and all, I was hoping to "knock them out" with the Vodka! (JUST KIDDING!!!!! LOL!!!!!) No, but seriously, I saw Emeril make something similar to this, so I tried this simplified version, and it was GOOD! Even the kids liked it (although they would have frowned if I told them I put Vodka in it...Hee hee!) NOTE: I usually add 1/2 lb. pepperoni slices, cut into 1/4" strips to the sauce.
- add 1 tablespoon butter
- add 1/4 cup fresh basil
- add 2 (26 ounce) jars prego pasta sauce (Chunky Tomato, Onion & Garlic flavor)
- add salt & pepper
- add 1/4 cup vodka
- add 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- add 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- add 16 ounces penne pasta
- add 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions.Drain well.Return pasta to the saucepot, add salt & pepper to tast and 1 tablespoons butter.
- In a 1 1/2 quart saucepan, stir the pasta sauce, vodka, basil, and red pepper flakes.Heat over medium heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally.Remove from heat and gently stir in the cream.
- Pour the sauce over the paste.Toss to coat.
- Spoon pasta into a serving bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with additional cheese, if desired.