This old recipe is perfect for satisfying anyone with a sweet tooth.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 1 cup evaporated milk
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- add 3 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- add 1 cup white sugar
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- Grease a 9-inch cake pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugars, salt, evap milk (substitute cream if you wish) and butter; cook over medium heat, stirring, until sugars dissolve.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until mixture reaches the soft-ball stage (236F on a candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat and let cool, without stirring, until the bottom of the pan is lukewarm and you can touch it; the mixture will be about 110F on a candy thermometer.
- With a wooden spoon and a strong arm, beat until mixture loses its gloss, then quickly stir in the nuts and vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan and when completely cool, cut into squares.
- Make 1-1/2 lbs fudge.