PEPPER CHICKEN The most popular variation of grilled chicken in the Indian Cuisine!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 whole chicken cut up
- add 3 onions (finely chopped)
- add 2 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- add 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- add 2 tsp fennel seeds powder (saunf
- add powder)
- add 1 tsp mustard seeds
- add 1 tsp garam masala
- add 3 tsp red chili powder
- add 2 tsp cumin seeds
- add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- add 4-6 tsp freshly ground pepper powder
- add 2 tsp coriander powder
- add 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, finely
- add chopped
- add Salt to taste
- add Oil for frying
- Clean the chicken and cut into small pieces
- In a non-stick pan, heat the oil, add mustard
- seeds and fennel seeds powder, and fry until
- seeds splutter.
- Add ginger-garlic paste onions and allow them
- to cook until they turn golden brown in color.
- Then add chicken pieces. Sprinkle garam
- masala, red chili powder, turmeric powder and
- salt and allow them to cook.
- Add cumin seeds, coriander powder and
- pepper powder. When the chicken is half
- cooked, add coriander leaves, tomatoes and
- mix well.
- Cover the pan and let the chicken cook well.
- Serve hot with chapathis or parathas.