This recipe is a great one to make for Christmas Cookie Exchanges. These colorful cookies add a real festive treat to any holiday platter. I made these for the first time for a cookie exchange and I made a double batch of green and a double batch of red.
- add 30 chocolate Hershey's chocolate kisses or chocolate rosettes or chocolate wafers
- add 1 3/4 cups flour
- add 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- add 1 egg
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 3/4 cup icing sugar
- add 1 teaspoon green food coloring or red food coloring (paste colouring gives a deep shade)
- add 3/4 cup soft butter
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cream together butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and salt.
- Add coloring and mix well to distribute color evenly.
- Stir in flour.
- Shape in 1 inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten each by pressing a chocolate in each center.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until bottom starts to brown.