So many functions, parties, dress up and casual a good salad is a must. Now that many guests dont eat meats a salad that is easy to make, ahead of time and then serve in a wonderful big bowl with flair. You will enjoy having a salad that fits any dinner and is loved by all.
- add Ingredients for 8-10 guests in large bowl presentation:
- add 3 heads of curly leaf lettuce with red glow
- add 2 heads of romaine lettuce
- add 1 cup of fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- add 1 bunch of endive
- add 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- add 1 large bunch of green onions
- add 1 small container of olives from the olive bar at store
- add 1 package of patio tomatoes
- add 1 red pepper
- add 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- add 1/2# sliced fresh mushrooms
- add 1/2 chopped pecans
- add 2 cans of Mandarin oranges/drained and save juice
- add 3 hard boiled eggs/chopped
- add 2 Tbsp capers
- Ahead of dinner prep// chop endive,red peppers and green onions and put into separate zip bags in fridge. Cut the olives and tomatoes in half & bag separate.Cook your eggs chill.
- As dinner comes to gether get a very large pan or bowl to assemble the salad and toss. Hand tear the lettuce in pieces small enough for easy eating wo cutting. Slice the basil very small and sit aside. Add the green onions, Parmesan, olives, tomatoes, red pepper, bean sprouts, sliced mushrooms, pecans, basil, capers and begin to toss loosely. Add a small amount of dressing that has been mixed with some of the drained orange juice and toss again. Then add in the oranges,chopped eggs, basil and toss so they stay mixed but toward the top for presentation color.
- I use different Italian style dressings that I find at the market. What ever seems new and fun is the dressing to use with this, it should be light and fresh and add just that zing to the greens and I always add in about a 1/8 cup of orange juice to give it the fun orange flair that everyone loves.