These are easy to make mozzarella sticks that taste like they come from the restaurant. This is a Milwaukee/Wisconsin favorite.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add marinara sauce
- add vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- add 1 egg
- add 10 egg roll wraps
- add 1 package mozzarella cheese (Medium to large size)
- Take the egg and scramble it in a bowl.
- Get out a cutting board and lay an egg roll wrap flat on it.
- Cut a piece of mozzarella about 1 1/2 inches wide and 4 inches tall.
- Dip your fingers (or use a brush) into the egg and spread around the entire outer edges of the egg roll wrap.
- Place the cheese an inch inward from the top of the wrap and center it from the sides.
- Fold the inch or so of the wrap that you have so it covers half of the cheese.
- Use egg to make the folded edges stay down.
- Now fold the left and right sides of the wrap over the cheese and finally fold the cheese forward so that the cheese is encased in the wrap.
- Use egg again to keep the wrap folded once it is done.
- Refrigerate for about a half hour before deep frying.
- If done correctly, the cheese will not spill out into the oil once it gets hot.
- Serve with marinara sauce.