I needed something to do with left over frozen perogies. I had 5 bags in the freezer with about 6-10 perogies in each one so decided to make them into a casserole. I had about 3 different flavours of perogies and they all blended. It turned out very well; my company named it. They said it was very good. This is handy and filling. I think it would be even better if I used sour cream instead of canned milk. I will have to try it like that next time because they all said, yes, make it again.
- add 1/2 onion
- add 30-50 frozen pierogies
- add 3/4 cup canned milk
- add 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans tomato soup
- add 12 slices bacon
- add 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Arrange perogies in a 9" x 13" pan so they are touching.
- Sprinkle bacon bits over top.
- Sprinkle sauted onions over top of bacon bits.
- Top with any remaining perogies.
- Mix the soups and milk together and pour evenly over top.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over all.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.