We used to buy this salad in the deli of a local grocery store. This is just as good and much more economical! Cook time includes chilling time.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (to taste)
- add 1/2 cup water
- add 1 cup mayonnaise (to taste)
- add 1 (1/2 ounce) package knorr pesto sauce mix
- add 1/4 cup olive oil
- add 1 lb frozen cheese tortellini
- add 1/2 cup pine nuts
- Prepare pesto mix according to package directions. Do this first so the pesto will cool while the pasta is cooking.
- Prepare frozen tortellini according to package directions.
- Mix prepared pesto and tortellini together. Chill for 1/2 hour.
- Add mayonaise, parmesan and pine nuts.
- Mix well and chill at least 2 hours or overnight. It's really best when made a day ahead.