If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3/4 cup sugar
- add 2 bay leaves
- add 15 peppercorns
- add 1 3/4 cups water
- add 4 lbs mushrooms
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- add 2 1/2 tablespoons salt
- add 4 cups boiling water
- add 3/4 cup vinegar
- Cut the mushroom stems off at the cap level.
- Place the heads in boiling salted water.
- Simmer till they sink to the bottom.
- Boil marinade water with peppercorns and bay leaves for 30 minutes.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Stir till dissolved.
- Add the vinegar, bring to a boil.
- Place the mushrooms in small jars.
- Cover with hot marinade.
- Close the jars.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Use for canapes and salads, or as appetizers.
- Yields 4 1 fluid pint jars.