If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add salt
- add 3 1/4 cups flour
- add 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- add 1 onion
- add 2 slices bread
- add 1/2 cup water
- add salt and pepper
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- add 3 slices bacon
- add 1 egg
- add 2 cups meat pieces
- Grind the meat with bread.
- Add the onions which have been sauteed in the drippings.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To prepare dough, mix the egg with the flour, add a dash of salt and as much water as needed to knead a smooth loose dough.
- Roll out as thinly as you can.
- Cut out 2 1/2 to 3 inch squares.
- Put a little of the stuffing on each square.
- Fold to form a triangle, pinch the edges together.
- Cook in a large kettle with boiling salted water on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove with a colander spoon to a warmed serving platter.
- Add the bread crumbs to the butter and fry for a few minutes on low heat.
- Pour over the pierogi.