Earlier discussion on Head Cheeses and easy recipes prompted me finding this in one of my German cookbooks, Hermann Cookbook, 8th edition, Hermann MO.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add vinegar (optional)
- add 1 small beef tongue
- add bay leaves
- add 1 whole pepper
- add 1 lemon
- add salt
- add 4 pig's feet
- add 2 1/2 lbs lean beef
- Boil meats separately until done.
- Cook bay leaf, whole pepper and sliced lemon with the pigs feet.
- When meat is cooled, skin tongue and remove bones from pigs feet, along with the pepper, bay leaf and lemon slices.
- Cut beef and tongue and feet into small pieces and reheat all ingredients in one pot.
- Add salt to taste and vinegar if desired.
- Pour into loaf pans and chill.
- Slice as needed.
- This is almost like head cheese, since the pigs feet jell the mixture.