This is a popular drink from Uganda using pineapples, their major crop. It is made using cream or coconut milk and reminds me of the Caribbean. Recipe was adapted from The African Cookbook by Bea Sandler.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add mint sprigs
- add 1/2 cup cream or coconut milk
- add 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- add 1 cup crushed ice
- add 2 cups fresh pineapple
- add 6 ounces white rum
- add maraschino cherries
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend until smooth and thick.
- Serve with mint and a maraschino cherry in whiskey-sour glasses.