This is a nice salsa that is especially good with seafood. I usually use a jalapeno pepper instead of the habanero to cool it down a notch. From Bon Appetit.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- add 1/2 pineapple, cored, peeled, rind reserved, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- add 2 tablespoons fresh pineapple juice
- add 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- add 1 tablespoon molasses
- add 3 scallions
- add 1/4 teaspoon habaneros or scotch bonnet peppers, seeded and minced (1/4 to 1/2)
- add 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Toss all ingredients together in a bowl and let stand, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes, to blend flavors.
- Salsa can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring to room temperature before serving.