This cake has a light lemon flavor. It is lower in fat and sugar than a traditional upside down cake.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 2 egg whites
- add 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- add 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free lemon gelatin (4 serving size)
- add 3/4 sugar
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1 egg
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a round cake pan with waxed paper and then spray with a non-stick cooking spary.
- Spread the crushed pineapple evenly in pan; sprinkle with the dry gelatin.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- With electric mixer, beat egg and egg whites in small bowl for about 5 minutes or until thick and lemon color.
- Transfer egg mixture to medium bowl and gradually beat in sugar.
- Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure 1/3 cup.
- Beat the pineapple juice and vanilla into egg mixture using low speed of electric mixer.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, beating just until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately loosen cake from edge of pan and invert cake onto serving plate.
- Carefully remove the waxed paper.
- Serve warm.